Sunday, October 18, 2009

Enjoying The Weekend

I don't often get a Sunday where I'm almost alone, so this was a rare treat.I spent the day cooking and just relaxing. Cooking and baking for me is like therapy. I wonder if it has something to do with a "providing for the family" feeling.
Today I made my very own Buffalo Barbecue Sauce - out of desperation! I didn't have any barbecue sauce in the house, and I couldn't find a recipe I liked that didn't include liquid smoke (I do not like liquid smoke!). MMMMM...not only did it smell wonderful while it was simmering away, but it tastes good too! The chili powder gave it a real kick, and I didn't use any Franks in it at all.
I don't bake all that often, because I'm not very good at it, but today I decided to make Chocolate-dipped Coconut macaroons. They turned out wonderful and the chocolate is hardening on them now.
Rounding out dinner tonight is cornbread using my Make-Your-Own Cornbread mix, Buffalo Baked Beans, and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment