Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day Eleven through Fourteen Dinners - 1/13/10 to 1/16/10 - Tried some new recipes

I had a little more time this week to cook, as I only worked 4 days instead of 5 outside the home. On Wednesday I made a stir fry with beef and brown rice and lots of veggies. Turned out wonderfully and we had a ton of leftovers and ate it again on Thursday for dinner, and still had a lot of leftovers. I made veggie broth in the crockpot and used several cups of it to turn the leftover stir fry into soup. I froze the soup to be used another time.
Friday I made pita pizzas and hubby and I watched rental movies and enjoyed an evening in.
Saturday I made Beef souvlaki in pitas, lentils & brown rice, and hummus and veggies. Again, a lot of leftovers and I'll take some of those for lunch this week. Can't freeze the hummus, but I enjoy it as a snack, so it won't go to waste.

Frugally yours,

Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment