Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day Seven through Ten Dinners - 1/9/10 to 1/12/10- Leftovers

I've been using the crockpot a lot lately since I've been working outside the home more. It's been tough keeping meals at $5 for 4 people, but I have to say, we have a lot of leftovers. Many nights it's just my husband and I for dinner, as my oldest son doesn't really live at home anymore and my younger son goes to his brother's apartment 3 to 4 nights per week for dinner and they cook together. Both are studying culinary arts and like to cook. It's an adjustment learning to cook meals for only 2 and NOT have leftovers for days and days on end or a freezer full of leftovers, but I'm learning.
This week we did a lot of leftovers, again. Here are the links to some of the things I made and had in the freezer:
Crockpot smothered chicken recipe
Easy chicken taco pie
Spaghetti with meatballs and crockpot spaghetti sauce

I'm also saving money on lunches at work as I now pack a lunch each and every day. Whatever we had for dinner the night before is lunch the next day for me.

Frugally yours,

Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment