Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lentil soup with chicken meatballs - frugal & nutritious

Lentil soup is delicious (did you catch my recipe for easy and inexpensive lentil soup?) and sometimes it can be made just a little bit better by adding some tiny little meatballs to it -- kind of like Italian Wedding soup (and I'll post that recipe later!)
Lentil soup with chicken (or beef!) meatballs
I published this recipe awhile back -- you can see the recipe in my column. However, you can just take my "Poor Man's Lentil Soup" recipe and add some homemade meatballs to it. If you click the link you'll find my recipe for meatballs, but make them your way! No crock pot -- no problem -- make this in a soup pot on the stove!

Lentil Soup with Chicken Meatballs (crock pot)

We sometimes enjoy a nice sandwich with our soup, and one of our favorites is an invention that came straight from my son -- remember -- use what you have! You can make these sandwiches with dark meat chicken, white meat chicken or even canned chicken -- USE WHAT YOU HAVE -- Super chicken salad sandwiches


No comments:

Post a Comment