Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Weather Recipes

Memorial Day has unofficially ushered in Summer in Western NY! When it's hot out, I don't like to cook as much. I try using the toaster oven and crockpot as much as possible. We eat a lot of cold foods, using items I can cook in one big session one day each week and use the rest of the week.
I made Spaghetti Salad (one of many side dishes) for our Memorial Day celebration. Delicious, easy, and frugal, it's always a hit at picnics, potlucks and family reunions.

I want to thank each and every Veteran and their families this Memorial Day weekend. Each and every soldier, living and dead. Each and every wife, husband, child, mother, father, sister, brother, grandparent, aunt or uncle, friend and neighbor who has lost someone who has served to protect or freedom. Thank you thank you thank you. I can never thank you enough!

Till next time!
Frugally Yours,

Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment