Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Beef stroganoff recipe: Food 911: Tastes of Russia with Tyler Florence

I've made dozens of different "stroganoff" recipes in my life using various combinations of ground beef, turkey & chicken in addition to a can or two of mushroom soup. But I had never made stroganoff from scratch and decided to give it a try. I had purchased a LOT of beef stew meat on sale and had several pounds of it in my freezer. The original recipe calls for chuck roast, which can be found less expensively than other cuts of meat.
The recipe may be time intensive, but it really is worth it. This received 2-thumbs up and 5-stars from my family at Sunday dinner. Hubby and I are having the leftovers today for lunch.

I have published the original recipe, my review and my changes.

Beef stroganoff recipe: Food 911: Tastes of Russia with Tyler Florence

Frugally Yours!
Rachael Monaco
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment