Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Deviled eggs a la Monaco -- better than Paula Deen!

It's never a complete holiday in our family unless the deviled eggs come out. My boys have loved them and requested them every single year as far back as I can remember. I don't even bother asking, "Do you want me to make deviled eggs for (insert holiday here)?" because I already know the answer. Hot or cold weather, doesn't matter, they better be available or I will here all manner of noises and grunts.

I do like Paula Deen's traditional Southern deviled eggs, but I do think mine are a little tastier. We like our deviled eggs a little more on the savory than the sweet side. Try both recipes and decide for yourself! We'd love to hear what you think!


Deviled eggs a la Monaco
Ingredients:
12 medium to large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cooled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill OR 1/2 tsp. dried dill
1 tsp. dill pickle relish
Paprika for garnish
Directions:
Cut each egg in half and gently remove yolk. In medium sized bowl, add cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, dill and dill pickle relish. Using a fork, mash the egg yolks and combine with other ingredients. With small spoon or pastry bag and small tip, fill each egg white half with filling. Sprinkle lightly with paprika to garnish. Yield: 24 deviled eggs.
Rachael's recipe notes:
You can use a plastic storage bag with a snip of the corner cut off as a pastry bag if you do not have a pastry bag and tip.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I would love to feature this on my blog with a link back to you and with your permission. Please let me know what your think.
    kouponkrazed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete