Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Crockpot recipe twofer

I love my crockpot. So much so that I have two. My old one doesn't cook right anymore, it's got to be about 15 years old. It's good for making vegetable broth, chicken stock, beef stock, soups, stews and spaghetti sauce, but if you need to make anything else, it just doesn't work right.

Last Mother's Day my family bought me a brand new Hamilton Beach Stay and Go locking lid crockpot. I love, love, love it. I love it so much, we use it at least 4 times each month. That's minimum.

I love to make Three cheese meatloaf and Stuffed cabbage rolls. It's especially nice when I work a long day and hubby comes home at noon for lunch and turns on the crockpot and dinner is ready when I get home around 7pm. He doesn't have the stress of cooking after working all day, and neither do I. I just throw together a salad and put some veggies in the microwave and dinner is ready for the family. Saves a lot of money because we don't order out and spend money we shouldn't.

Till next time, I'm frugally yours!
Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment