Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wine Wednesday: another crockpot twofer

As I wrote yesterday, I love my crockpots. Use them all the time. They come in especially handy on a day like today when I need to cook for Thursday and Friday. See, on Thursdays and Fridays I work outside the home. Those are the only two days each week I work. Yeah, I know, how lucky am I? I know I'm lucky. Before you get to thinking how very lucky I am, let me say I work 13 hour shifts. They're long, an I'm exhausted when I leave work at 7pm. But it's nice to know there's going to be a hot meal and minimal clean up involved when I get home. Hubby will stop in on his lunch break around Noon and turn the crockpot on Low and dinner will be waiting when we walk in the door around 7:30pm.

Not only do I like my crockpots, I like cooking with wine. Doesn't matter what kind, as long as it's a good one and I can have a glass while cooking. I especially love cooking with wine in the crockpot on Sundays. I relax, enjoy my time with my family and nurse a glass of red or white for a couple of hours.

Two of my favorite Sunday dinners are Country mushroom chicken in the crockpot and Pot roast in the crockpot with red wine and mushrooms.

Till next time, I'm frugally yours!
Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment