Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crockpot recipe: smothered chicken

Chicken, chicken and more chicken! Lately chicken has been very inexpensive, and I've found split breast for about 99¢ to $1.29 per pound and boneless skinless breasts for $1.99 per pound. Better still I've found leg quarters or chicken thighs or drumsticks for as little as 73¢ per pound. Buy what you like, buy what you can afford, there are no rules.

 I love my crock pots and cook in them often. Recently, I made this for hubby and I for dinner. If you're cooking for two (and I'm slowly learning to do that, but not fast enough, the leftovers are starting to overwhelm me!), you may want to get a smaller crock pot and cut the recipe in half. The leftovers are great, but you'll have LOTS with this recipe. If you click the link it will take you to my recipe for Smothered Chicken in the crockpot recipe

Chicken thighs used to make smothered chicken in the crock pot


















I love this recipe with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles. It's also great with rice. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Till next time!
Frugally yours!
Rachael Monaco

No comments:

Post a Comment