Monday, January 3, 2011

Easy vegetarian and meatless recipes




The quest to eat less meat began in November 2010 when my 17 year old son Luke came home and told me he wanted to eat vegetarian. It lasted about a month, and he went back to eating meat and animal products. However, he is eating less and less meat. He's eating vegetarian or vegan meals 3 to 4 times per week. Each day I search for easy, frugal, nutritious vegetarian and vegan meals.

Here are some new vegetarian/vegan recipes we tried and enjoyed. We hope you'll try them and like them too!
Almond, broccoli, ginger curry with tofu over brown rice
Sesame udon with spinach and mushrooms
California nori roll
Three bean and brown rice burgers
Mushroom miso barley stew

Let us know what recipes you try and if you like them. We'd also like to hear any changes you made and how they worked out!

Till next time, I remain frugally yours! (and more healthy!)
Rachael Monaco

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachael. I know this is an older post, but you are spot on with the suggestions. I'm the sole veggie in my home and have been finding better deals on vegetarian and vegan foods. The Asian market has been a huge blessing and since Publix accepts competitor coupons, I've been using them often.

    I loved the sesame udon and burger recipes you shared. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete