Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Creamy chicken in the crockpot


I love my crockpot. Well, I love both my crockpots. I also love my Nesco roaster, which I often use as a crockpot. One of my crockpots is old, and it doesn't work all that well, but it's great for making things like vegetable, chicken and turkey stock. I just put everything in, turn it on low and let it cook for about 24 hours. I strain out all the stuff and I have the best stocks made cheaply. I freeze them for later use and have never been disappointed.
My other crockpot I bought about a year ago. It's a Hamilton Beach 'Stay and Go' with a locking lid. It's wonderful, and I've used it many times to cook and take meals to family holiday dinners. I highly recommend it and it's well worth the price tag. I love it so much, I'd like another one.


One of my favorite comfort foods to make in the crockpot is creamy chicken. This recipe dates back to the days when my boys were small and they wanted something like a creamy chicken soup, but something like a chicken ala king. After much trial and error, this recipe was picky eater approved by both boys.

Even though they are grown now, they will still come to the table for creamy chicken made in the crockpot.















Till next time, I remain Frugally Yours!
Rachael Monaco

1 comment:

  1. This is a great time of year to get another crockpot or slow cooker for super-cheap -- we'll start seeing a lot of kitchen equipment at Goodwill and Salvation Army as people do their spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete