Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Guacamole, sort of, with no carbs, low fat, low calories -- the secret ingredient is....

I love avocados and I'm supposed to eat them for the good fats. However, I don't think I'm supposed to eat an ENTIRE avocado for lunch. I had to come up with a way to enjoy avocados without eating the entire thing.
It's sorta-guacamole!
What did I do? Here we go!

1 cups steamed cauliflower florets
1 small/medium ripe avocado
Lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste


steamed cauliflower
Mash the cauliflower in the bowl.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the avocado into the same bowl with the mashed cauliflower.
Add some lemon juice (1 to 2 tsp.) a pinch or two of salt, pepper and some garlic powder.

An avocado -- 69¢ at Aldi last week
Mash it all up until it's smooth, or the texture you desire. Add more lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder to suit your tastes.
And...done. And...delicious!
That's it. This makes a great spread or side with the salmon patties/salmon burgers I posted earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment