Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Trying a new recipe -- low-fat blue cheese dip or dressing

I found a great recipe for low-fat blue cheese dressing! I don't eat a lot of it mainly because there are way too many calories in it, but...this one I may have around more often!
Yummy low-fat blue cheese dressing or dip

The original recipe comes from SkinnyTaste.com but I, as always, made a few tweaks. 


Instead of Greek yogurt I used plain yogurt. I strained it through paper towels to make it thick. Worked perfectly!

1 cup plain low-fat yogurt

Straining the yogurt to make it thick

Covered with paper towel to help absorb liquid


The other change I made was I used white pepper instead of black pepper.


I used whipped salad dressing instead of light mayo

I used plain white vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. I found I needed to use 2 Tablespoons instead of 1 Tablespoon to get the flavor I wanted.

Same thing with the lemon juice, I needed 2 Tablespoons to get the desired taste.

I also didn't mash the blue cheese too much. We like our blue cheese dressing a bit on the chunky side.

The longer this sits in the fridge the better it tastes and it thickens up quite nicely.

Loved this and we will make it again...often.
Voila -- low-fat blue cheese dressing or dip!
What you will need to make low-fat blue cheese dip or dressing:
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumble
  • 1 cup plain yogurt, strained
  • 1 Tbsp. whipped salad dressing
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
How to make low-fat blue cheese dressing and dip.
  • In a small bowl, mix together blue cheese, strained yogurt, whipped dressing and mash it up a little bit if you like your blue cheese dressing chunky. If you like it smoother, mash it more.
  • Stir in the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. 
  • Mix until well blended. 
  • Refrigerate at least an hour before serving to get the perfect taste
  • Yield -- about 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment